Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Meaning of Demeaning..

An autobiography is an account of a person's life written by that person. So what's wrong if Shania Twain wants to pen down
her own autobiography?

Anil Thakkar's counterview was that it simply demeans literatue. An autobiography does not demand
set rules or agendas and ceratinly age and achievements are not qualifying criterias. Why would I incorporate 'social and political landscapes I inhabited' when its not even necessary? I don't need to be a Henry Adams, a Gandhi or anyone to write my own autobiography. I do not want to shake or wreck anyone's world and neither do I intend to touch or change anyone who reads it. It is an insight upon my own life and I will certainly pen it down if the same calling comes to me.

 Therefore, why can't we just let the poor country singer live her life and we get back to ours. It would for sure save us a lot of time, money, and effort. There is nothing to debate but to vacate that space in the newspaper to other articles worthy of a debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment